Tuesday, June 24, 2008

JZ is not even half guilty! How about a third? A quarter?....

Well it's a little bitsy and bobsy sort of a day today.
News 24 has been a source of giggles in no small measure.
The headline that caught my attention was the highjacked vehicle found in a living room. Yep you read that right someone parked a stolen vehicle in their living room. Or their lounge if you are not so very posh. Holy macaroni! I thought I had heard just about everything but that's a good 'un. Ok it's not as good as all that, the living room had a wall on hinges (omigoshalooly did I just say that without falling on the floor laughing?) and the whole wall opened up and behind the real-looking windows and curtains etc - was parked - one Toyota Runx.
I am impressed at the ingenuity.
I almost feel that if some dude goes to the trouble of building a whole fake room in a house with walls that open out on hinges then he should maybe get to keep the car. Of course I hope that the car gives him endless mechanical problems and keeps leaking oil on his living room carpet, but he can keep it! Just think, if he stole my Hyundai Atos he would only need to build such a teensy guest toilet to hide it in.
Motorcycles could be hidden in built-in cupboards.
Then, if that wasn't funny enough the next headline said that Jacob Zuma says he is not guilty. He goes on to state that he is not even HALF-guilty. Yup, I guess a man who can protect himself from HIV Aids by having a shower - bloody hell I can't even get rid of a cold with a shower - can be guilty by fraction. Or not guilty by a fraction as the case may be.
I got to wondering how he came up with the half-guilty option. Did he, by omission, admit to being perhaps one third guilty? Or maybe just a quarter? One fifth? I am now alleging stuff and I do apologize to JZ if he indeed is only one tenth guilty. It does make it easier to accept that he may be fractionally guilty, than not guilty at all doesn't it?
I'm starting to think that JZ as president may be just what we need in this country. After all, crime won't go down that much in the near future unless we change much more than just our president, neither will unemployment, the petrol price, the cost of electricity, pollution, DSTV, a whole host of stuff - but at least he'll have us all falling about with laughter on a daily basis. That and a good walk daily should help the constant depression.

18 comments:

Betenoir said...

...and he's certainly hygenic!

Charmskool said...

Bete I can see it now - Shower gel subsidies for the poor.

K.M. said...

I've been looking for a place to park my helicopter...now I know.

Charmskool said...

DBAWIW if you stole the helicopter then if the police catch you, you will only bear a rateable proportion of the guilt depending on how many accomplices you had. So for example, if there were four of you that hijacked the helicopter you would only be one quarter guilty and would only serve one quarter of the normal sentence, which with time off for good behaviour will have you home in no time at all. I wonder how this proportional guilt will work for J Arthur Brown. Will Shabir Shaik have his sentence reduced by the proportion that JZ is found guilty (if he is tried that is). Wow this is heady stuff this is.

Sweets said...

JZ showergel with a pic of him winking :)

he would make millions!

Charmskool said...

Sweets - you are possibly a marketing genius! How about a whole range of JZ shower and bath products.

Tamara said...

LOL! what a great post and fabulous comments. Nearly wet myself laughing. Gotta love News24.

Tamara said...

"Gotta wash that crime right outta my hair..."

Charmskool said...

Tamara I get almost all my ideas from News24 and our company has it as a link on our intranet (duh what?). Loved "gotta wash that crime right outta my hair".

kyknoord said...

Contractors have been using the "degrees of guilt" concept for years. Whenever anything goes wrong on site, they always insist that I am "partly to blame"

Charmskool said...

Kyknoord, does that mean they gave you most of the details that you needed and only changed a fifth of their minds at the last minute without telling you, resulting in your getting it three-quarters correct? All losses resulting from errors and omissions for your account of course.

K.M. said...

I like how you determine guilt, Charmskool. I'm sending the chopper over to you so you can keep it in the lounge for a while...I can't see the tv with the rotor in the way.

Charmskool said...

O...k...DBAWIW ...I think I can fit it in the breakfast nook, I already have a Range Rover in the lounge - I have to sit inside it to be able to see my tv.
P.s. I'm using a bucket in my garden till the buyers for the Chevy Spark come and take it out my bathroom.

ExMi said...

i think the sentence would work better if it said 'JZ is not even half-innocent' or 'JZ is not even half-sane' or 'half-human'.

Scary.

Anyway, good to catch up. thanks for sticking with my blog during the dryspells.

I'm back now!!

Charmskool said...

Yay welcome back EM&CT. Yeah and to think that there are people who insist they will kill for him. He may only be half guilty but he's 100% doolalley.

Caz said...

hey lady (or man with a very girly rabbit pic for his profile???)
just discovered your blog...and I'll be back :)
JZ is hot!

joking people. everyone just calm down ok?

Charmskool said...

Hi Caz - hah hah JZ is definitely hot - well... hot topic lol. Welcome and yep, I guess it's lady.

AngelConradie said...

damn... betenoir stole my comment!